Meet a person with similar interests that you have, at a café for about 1 hour, “fika” and practice Swedish. One person is new in Sweden, and one person has lived in Sweden for a long time*. This is what we call a “Friend fika” (Kompisfika).
You must be able to meet your Fika friend in: Göteborg, Jönköping, Kalmar, Linköping, Malmö, Stockholm, Umeå, Uppsala, Västerås or Örebro.
How to meet a new Fika friend:
1. Registration. Press the “Sign up”-button and fill out the application. The registration is for free. You will receive a confirmation email when we have received your application.
2. Match. We will send you an email with the contact details to your Fika friend.
3. Confirm the meeting. You contact your Fika friend within 3 days to confirm date, time and place of the meeting.
4. Meeting. You meet at a café for about 1 hour and practice Swedish. If you want, please take a picture from your meeting and send to us!
5. What happens after the meeting? We will contact you after the meeting to get to know more about your experience. If both of you thought it was fun, you are welcome to continue to see each other on your own. You can also sign in and make a new application to meet a new person, or simply be super happy to have been someone's Fika friend!
*We let each person decide how they want to define themselves, as new or established. Being new in Sweden, you want to speak better Swedish, it does not matter how long or short period of time you have lived in Sweden. As established in Sweden, you have Swedish as a mother tongue or equivalent, and can tech Swedish in order to help someone to improve their Swedish pronunciation, vocabulary and so on.
We mediate the first contact to a new fika friend that you meet 1 time (if you two don’t decide otherwise). If you want to meet a new person, you can log in and make a new request.
Meet a new Fika friend at a café for about 1 hour, “fika” and practice Swedish. You know in advanced
that you have some similar interests that you can start the conversation with. We call this a